Sunday, September 30, 2012

What I've been doing ...

So in my quest to do great things - I've been working on a couple of things and have a couple of important projects lined up.

First, I started searching the world wide web for some good printing companies for photos.  I decided that Shutterfly does great books, but when it comes to my digital prints off of our DSL they seem to "crop" during the process and the picture didnt print as it should.  So I've got a test run of photos being sent to me from another company and then two others that I will be trying out too.  Who knew - you type in Professional Photography Printing and you get so many different options that don't include Shutterfly, Walmart and Snapfish.
(as always, your input is always desired).   I just dont want to end up paying to be a member of a printing company.  I also plan to search for good editing products/sites - I have Adobe Photoshop, super cool, I think - I am mostly clueless on how to use it.  Melissa did give me a bit of a tutorial before.  I'm just looking for something that helps give it that perfect finishing touch.  Also I feel as though a light and one of those color blocker things would be helpful.  Jeff uses one - I should learn why and use one too :)

Next, I finished Jackson's 2 Years photo book.  This I did get from Shutterfly.  I had a coupon.  PLUS they've got a million options and it's so much cheaper - I will continue to hunt for good prices and options though.  I also started Sophia's year in photos.  For this I am using her balloons and photo shoot pictures - it is looking so cute.  Unfortunately I can't show it to you... I tried several times to do a screen print... not sure how to get it on here.  (Ideas, Chris??)

Also, below are pictures of what are projects in the making.   When we got married we got this freeze air tight stuff and then Sophia is about ready for baby food which I will be making myself! (again, tell me what to do!!)   --- hmm so I can't find the picture of the freeze and store stuff (but when I use it I'll post it, but I did take a picture of the yummy protein breakfast I mentioned before).

And I believe this coming Saturday I get to venture to Chris' work to pick out a deep freezer!! Happy Dance!! finally they are here and I can really get cookin'... or freezin'!

Until next time :) Many blessings!
Thanks for reading!!!




 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,

    We used the Baby Bullet to make all of Lucas' food and we loved it! We chose not to get the steamer because we have a double basket deep fryer/steamer and we were able to do more than one food at a time this way. We made everything in bulk and put it in the freezer. It saved a lot of time and money! I look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Kelly! I am glad you loved it - I spent a lot of time staring at two different ones. Any great recipes that your little man loved?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I enjoy reading your blog :)

    www.mpix.com was recommended to me by a professional photographer! They offer finishing touch ups and more too! I consider it to be medium pricey, but not really have any other professional sites to compare to :-/

    When E was about ready to have solids, he would never eat babyfood... He'd rather prefer table food such as steamed broccoli, pasta, rice.
    I am telling you this so you know there is a chance Sophia is just like E ;) And before you cook and prepare all the baby food.. Give table food a try when she is ready to have solids. Much easier for you anyways ;)

    I think the webpage I went to for table babyfood was www.wholesomebabyfood.com

    Keep up your good super mommy work!
    Love to you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its called babyled weaning and I loved it!!!
    http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/babyledweaning.htm#.UGkRCBK9LCQ

    ReplyDelete