So there are a few upcoming projects that I would like to work on:
Jackson has so much art work from school. Some of it finds its way to recylcing (please don't tell him) but there is so much of it that I just love. If I dont hang it up on our door to the garage fast enough (this is our only magnetic spot in the house) then he takes it off the counter and continues his creative thoughts with scissors, markers, etc. Or he suggests it hangs on this wall or that cupboard (i'm not up for ruining paint :)) So I am looking for ideas on how to display artwork. I saw some on Pinterest - a half chalkboard / half artwork wall. Super cool - I dont know that my house has a wall that supports that (perhaps when we finish the basement). But I'm thinking of a small wall that I could put some picture frames on and either frame the picture or have just the frame and put the pictures in there where they can rotate in and out.
![]() |
| A perfect thing to create when we finish the basement |
![]() |
| This seems do able upstairs |
![]() |
| This is my wall now - the only one that I think could really work?? |
The other thing I want to do is figure out a way to display family pictures in my home. My sister in law Ashlee is so creative, I just love her huge wall and creative frames that she updates when she has new pictures of her boys taken. I dont have a cool empty wall like that. But I do have one wall that doesn't contain a window or a fire place in my living room. Below is a picture from pinterest - I think I'm going to smile real pretty at Chris and see what he thinks :) Then I can do the majority of the pictures in Sepia with a pop of color. Our wall is a tan shade - so we'd have to pain the shelves to match. And I really like the idea of adding one or two framed quotes that don't actually sit on the shelf, but just above it. I tell you, when we finish our basement - I could really run with it!
![]() |
| This is my absolute favorite. But white does not work with my house. I would imagine it should either match the trim or the walls? |
![]() |
| My living room now. See if the toys were gone and I got one of those cool therapy style lounge chairs, it could be great. Also you can see to the right my door to the garage - art work displayed! |
Anyway, those were some things I have been thinking of doing. Also I saw this and think it is a must! I think I'll plan to do it with Chris, Paul and Jackson. And my dad, Jeff and Alex (sam, too?) - this is just really neat.
Well, until next time. Thanks for hanging out and reading - I hope that I have some fun things to show for this! Any input or ideas are welcome!








Great ideas friend!
ReplyDelete