Some people blog. Some people cook. Some people take pictures. Some people make crafty things and sell it on Etsy and pin it on Pinterest. Some people save and make money from these things. I plan to do it all.
I am not one to take to the internet to post my thoughts, well not most of them anyways. Typically I turn to my "besties" and go about my day. Well with two very amazing children, a husband, a dog and a full time job (that takes up an additional 2.5 hours of commuting in my 24 hour day) I am going to focus on sorting my thoughts and laying out my plans. In this way I will be committed - I do an awful lot of talking - So I better take some action. This will make my life easier and my family happier and ease the stressors. Because, after all, I talk to people about relieving their daily stress, I should do it too.
One thing at a time, people. What does my wonderful life look like in a painted picture? Well imperfection, of course.
But I see a very a colorful canvas with room for more colors: organized kitchen, a freezer full of home cooked meals, clean counter tops and my family at the dinner table saying grace.
I see a fit and happy family. You can't make us go inside, we were just about to go on our second walk of the day!
Beautiful pictures that I have taken (or Jackson or Chris) thoughtfully framed and displayed in our home. A stack of pictures of others that I took (others who couldn't afford a photographer) and I am about to deliver them.
A look and see quilt that I sewed myself! I should probably start saving for a sewing machine.
There is music in the back ground. Music from the likes of Fun, Michael Jackson, Ray Charles, Janis Joplin and of course some Old McDonald and Amazing Grace mixed in.
My life is blessed. More blessed that I feel I deserve sometimes. So I am going to take advantage of what I've got and build off of what I think I'm capable of and "just blog about it." If I'm the only one reading ... maybe Chris will check it out occasionally ... then that's okay, but if you're reading this too - then thanks for reading so far - and I hope you enjoy what I have to say. I am kind of actually very excited.
Where can we start? Well a very happy shout out to Melissa Grzesiak who told me to sign up for Pinterest. And then after a very serious and important conversation about life she was ready to help me jump on board for FREEZER MEALS! I am going to stock up my (yet to be purchased ...Chris??) deep freezer. Breast Milk and unidentified frozen meat have taken over our pull out freezer - this must be organized. I don't like putting a box of mac and cheese on the counter and hope that Chris has time to make that for Jackson at night as well as thinking of a fruit or vegetable that could go with it. Yes, it is a must. Jen McCarthy would be so disappointed in me. You can rest easy my friend, I will not be buying boxed mac and cheese unless the Octonaut characters suddenly grace the box, because, well, how could I tell Jackson no? :)
First step - organize pantry, purchase freezer bags and storage containers, clean out freezer and get cooking. I will hopefully amuse you with my wonderful recipes, reactions from the family, pictures of the befores and afters and involve my family as much as possible!
Before I get started, I have to ask Chris to turn down the tv - he is sleeping on the couch and the kids are upstairs tucked in bed and I'm about to turn my kitchen upside down!
Love love this!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world :) Great to hear all the great things in your life! I've become a bit obsessed with the very same things you have, so I feel your pain. SO much to accomplish, so little time! I hope organizing went well!
ReplyDelete