Alright, down to business. I've really enjoyed the feedback that I've gotten from my first two blogs - some great ideas and fun feedback!
Today I want to focus on a few more recipes and pooping :) (toddler pooping). Let's start with the gross stuff. Which was the most exciting! Jackson is just a week away from preschool and we are trying so hard to get him to go "#2" in the toilet. He just holds back, doesnt go at all and then once or twice a week goes in his pull up at night... well Friday morning I had him sitting on the toilet - I took Billy outside, switched the laundry and made my way back upstairs. He was sitting in our bathroom and I sighed and said ... "did you poop buddy?" (expecting no) and he said "Yeah I did!" and moved to show me. He sure did!! I don't know what came over me, but I was filled with excitement - I swept him off the toilet turned him in a circle told him how proud of him I was and he exclaimed "mommy, stop! you have to wipe my butt!" :) hahaha - oh how I love that kid. (he was right). Anyways, that brings me to any tips on potty training? I know it's such a challenge for a lot of moms. Looking for positive feedback - it's hard when it's overly constructive or slamming others, so only kind words please.
Onto cooking - we struggled with the chicken pot pie and cooking it - turns out the way to cook it is a lot longer than planned. Thaw over night, cook covered with tin foil for 30 minutes and then an additional 20 uncovered, watch so you don't burn the biscuits. And that should do it!
On Saturday night I made Chicken Tetrazini and pancakes! I also purchased the goods for a beef enchilada that Ashlee recommended. I am also intrigued by the Tackmann recipe of Taco Ring that Megan introduced to me. (Which reminds me... a friendly shout out to Alicia!).
The pancakes were amazing! It calls for blueberries or any other fresh or frozen fruit. I used our remaining fresh blueberries and then sliced up some apples. I cooked them on our electric skillet. (I cleaned it with actual cleaner one time and ruined a good part of it, so I can only cook three at a time - but they were delicious). Jackson and Chris agreed. I then put them in the freezer and we were able to toast then lightly nuke them. I recommend freezing them separately then storing together so you can get the apart. The whole batter was from scratch: flour, sugar, powder, soda, yadda yadda - good stuff.
Next the Chicken Tetrazini also seemed to go over well. Oh that Martha Stewart ... she can be quite amazing. In fact, Jennifer Garner thought as much and named her dog Martha Stewart. If you have a celebrity naming her dog after you, you know you're awesome (except that whole jail time thing). Anyways, so my wonderful inlaws were over today helping with some tedious outdoor tasks, which is so appreciated, and they gave good reviews on the CT as well. The recipe made SO much food! It was enough for 5 separate loaf pans. We ate one for lunch (serving 4 adults and a toddler), sent one with them and I have two in the oven and one frozen! This is the recipe that also helped me figure out how to cook things from frozen.
I also redid the garlic bread with Italian loaves and cut them into slices - it was perfect. I froze some as well - I much prefered it that way.
I have six pork chops that need to be cooked very soon - So I might do a Parmesan Crusted Pork Chop recipe that I found. I also need to expand to some roasted and freezable vegetables. I really do love cooked zuchini. I have also been thinking about breads; pumpkin, spice, zuchini, banana ... mmm mmm mmm. The BBQ cups that Mary recommeded have been added to my to-do as well as this soup/chili suggesting from Ashlee.
I can't wait to check out different instructions on pictures from Pinterest and YouTube. Thanks, Aud.
Oh, and although we missed church today - Jackson (all on his own) was such to make sure we go there. He stood in one of the doorways with pieces of paper from Clue and welcomed Paul, Patti, Chris and I - handed us our program and had us have a seat. Then he said we needed to be quiet because the music was starting. I've never played "Church" before - but I sure loved that he wanted to! Until next time.




No comments:
Post a Comment